Thanks for stopping by!

Hello, and welcome to my workouts without weights blog. My mission here is to give you great tips and advice about working out without weights. No need to go and buy an expensive gym membership, or any bulky exercise equipment. You've already got everything you need to get an unbelievably great workout without weights or anything else.

I hope you enjoy our content. Be sure to let us know how we are doing by leaving us your comments.

Now lets get to work!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Favorite Workout Without Weights

Now that you're ready to get started exercising, I thought I'd share some of my favorite workouts without weights.  There are so many things you can do to workout without using weights.  But I want to share my absolute favorite with you right now.

Number one on my list of workouts without weights is running.  Yep, that's right, good old fashion jogging.  I know a lot of people don't like running.  Most think that it is just too boring.  But running has always been a staple in my workout routine, ever since I was just a youngster.  My father used to run marathons a couple times a year when I was younger.  So he always encouraged me to enjoy the benefits of running.

If running is not something you like to do, you need to make a mindset shift.  Instead of focusing on the things that you don't like about it, focus on all the benefits(pleasure) that you'll get from it.

There are only two directions that people go in life.  One is away from pain, and the other is towards pleasure.  So, if when you think about running you think about how hard, painful, or boring it might be, then your mind will never let you be consistent with running.  Of course not, right!  I mean, who wants to be bored and in pain at the same time.

So in order to reap the rewards that running offers, you must learn to associate pleasure to running.  The way to do this is to focus your attention on all of the good things that you'll get out of adding running to your workouts without weights.

Some of the enormous benefits you get from running are...
  1. of course, Cardio- 20 to 30 minutes of running is one of the very best cardio workouts anyone can do.
  2. a great leg workout- want an amazing leg workout without weights, it doesn't get much better then running.
  3. an increased energy level- before I started running again, I was always feeling tired in the middle of the day, now that I'm running a few times a week, I'm full of energy all day long!
And that's just off the top of my head.  In my experience, running is one of the best workouts without weights that can be done.  Anyone can get started anytime and any fitness level.  Don't worry about your speed or the distance that you run in the beginning.  All that matters is that you get started.  And you can run just about anywhere.  No need for a gym here either!

If you have a mental block that won't allow you to enjoy running, and keeps you from getting started, then you need to change your associations that you have around running.  Like we talked about earlier, think about the benefits.  Imagine how you'll feel when you have more energy and a stronger body.  Know in your mind that you are embarking on a journey that will benefit you for the rest of your life.  It also has a great benefit to all those folks that love you, as you'll be around & healthy for a long time.

So now it's time to hit the road!  Or the treadmill.  Whichever you prefer.  Go enjoy on of the very best workouts without weights that you can get.

See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment